Our History and Team
Our heritage dates back to April 1997 when our founder, Graeme Weller, joined a consulting business that promised to aggregate large loads in order to achieve lower prices. Once he discovered that the business valued higher commissions above client outcomes, he immediately resigned. Recognising the need for an ethical consultant, he then gained employment with a retailer to build knowledge and experience. By Jan 2000 he was ready, and founded Market Intelligence Group.
In May 2011, the business name was changed to Energy Price Solutions to better describe our service, and most importantly our ethics and vision remain the same.
Our team of highly skilled, responsive professionals are our most valuable asset. Their attention to detail, strong client-focus and passion for continuous improvement, has resulted in our clients collectively saving more than $100M. Without our involvement those savings would have gone in higher margins to both retailers and network service providers.
Our company culture is based on generosity and is built around:
- Keeping our clients’ interests at heart.
- Having a focus of achieving excellence in what we do.
- Avoiding any conflicts of interest and therefore not demanding or accepting any commission.
- Acting with integrity and being totally transparent with our clients.
Quality Policy Statement
Energy Price Solutions’ core purpose is to assist clients to manage their energy risks, to save money on energy contracts and in doing so develop and maintain lasting business relationships. This is achieved by providing outstanding value and a quality service in accordance with client requirements through sourcing lower commodity prices and delivery costs while providing the due diligence of an independent third party to ensure any retailer overcharging is refunded.
To achieve the above objective and satisfy our client expectations, the Company is totally committed to implementing, maintaining, continually improving and reviewing the effectiveness of the Quality Management System through effective audits so as to meet the requirements of ISO 9001.
The criteria of establishing Client Satisfaction results from:
- Keeping the interests of our clients foremost in all of our dealings.
- Our service design that allows for economies of scale and ensures the best possible outcomes.
- Assisting our clients to manage their ongoing risks associated with a dynamic commodity market by having ongoing constant access to market data which contributes to the speed of business.
- Providing next day data in energy efficiency reports to effectively monitor and manage our clients’ energy usage.
- Keeping our clients fully informed and offering appropriate options to achieve cost effective outcomes.
- Competent employees who are appropriately skilled and trained so that they can deliver an outstanding and reliable service that meets client requirements.
- Maintaining the quality and integrity of our service by doing what we say we will do in a timely fashion.
- Availability of accurate documentation of client requirements.
- Reviewing and controlling conformity of services to client requirements.
The successful operation of the quality management system relies upon the co-operation and involvement of personnel at all levels, working together as a team. Our commitment to quality will ensure the continued satisfaction of clients and staff.